Regardless of the focus of your work, many of us interact in some way with an Administrative Professional. As Wednesday is Administrative Professionals’ Day, it is a perfect day for us to give back! To say thank you to someone with a real servant heart.
Today, there are more than 4.1 million secretaries and administrative assistants working in the United States, according to U.S. Department of Labor statistics, and 8.9 million people working in various administrative support roles. More than 475,000 administrative professionals are employed in Canada. Millions more administrative professionals work in offices all over the world.
If you are an Administrative Assistant…THANK YOU! I have found in my years in the marketplace that a talented “Admin” has an enormous impact on an organization. As a general rule, Administrative Assistants are smart, organized, have a servant heart, have good communication skills, know how to say no, can manage multiple projects simultaneously, and most of all they are trustworthy and of strong integrity.
WorkMatters would like to honor one Administrative Professional today by donating one ticket to our May 4 WorkMatters Leadercast here in northwest Arkansas! Be the first to send us an email and we will be honored to make that happen.
If you work with an Administrative Assistant, here are a few tips to say thank you:
- Simply walk up to their desk and tell them how grateful you are for the important work they do.
- Nothing says thank you like a DaySpring or Hallmark card or e-card!
- Give them an inspirational book with a personal note written on the inside cover.
- Take them to a thank you lunch with their boss/es.
- Providing training opportunities (like the Leadercast) through continuing education, self-study materials, or seminars.
Administrative Professionals…your work matters!
Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people. Ephesians 6:7